What are wax melts?

What are wax melts?

Wax melts are small, scented pieces of wax that are melted in a warmer to release fragrance into the air. They are often used as an alternative to traditional candles and can be made from a variety of waxes, such as soy wax or beeswax, and can come in a range of scents and designs. Wax melts are placed in a warmer, which uses heat to melt the wax and release the scent. They are a popular choice for home fragrance as they can be easily swapped out for different scents as desired.

Why are wax melts so popular?

Wax melts are popular because they provide a safer, cleaner, and longer-lasting alternative to traditional candles. They come in various scents and designs, and they are less messy than candles. Wax melts also tend to be more affordable than constantly purchasing new candles.

Why are wax melts better than candles?

1. Wax melts offer a more consistent fragrance release as they slowly melt and release aroma into the air.

2. Wax melts are safer than candles as there is no open flame with electric burners, and only a small tealight with traditional burners, reducing the risk of fire hazards.

3. They are also more efficient as you can burn them until the fragrance fades without any wastage, while candles often leave behind a lot of unused wax.

4. Wax melts come in a wide range of scents, and you can change fragrances quickly, unlike candles where you have to stick to one scent per candle.

5. Wax melts are also more budget-friendly as they are cheaper to make and can be reused multiple times.

Can wax melts be reused?

Yes! You can continue to use your melt until the fragrance fades, however I don't recommend using tealight burners for longer than 4 hours at a time, as they can get very hot. Using 4 hour tealights are not only safer but when they go out you know that you need to allow your burner to cool for a while before re-using it.

Are wax melts toxic?

My wax melts are made from soy and are non-toxic. However, some synthetic wax melts may contain harmful chemicals such as phthalates and parabens. It is important to read the ingredients label and purchase from reputable manufacturers to ensure that the wax melts you use in your home are safe. Additionally, ensure that the wax melts are placed in a well-ventilated area and away from children and pets.

1 of 3